Nordic Chamber Music: Norway
A Norwegian Epiphany
Laura Loge, Artistic Director
- January 8 at 2 pm
- Ballard First Lutheran Church (map)
- Tickets available here
- $30 General Admission
- $10 Student/Child Admission
- Season Tickets available now!
- Get all 6 concerts for the price of 5
Celebrate Epiphany enveloped by the festive sounds of trumpet, lur, soprano, organ, and piano and surrounded by holiday decorations. The Nordic Chamber Music 2023 series opens the season, like the arrival of the travelling Magi, exploring the supernatural and divinity of music filled with unlimited possibilities for the future. Joan Paddock and Debra Huddleston will fill the sanctuary with brilliant sounds with trumpet, a traditional Norwegian lur, piano, and organ and will be joined for part of the program by Nordic song and chamber music specialist and soprano, Laura Loge.
Joan Paddock, trumpet & lur
Laura Loge, soprano
Debra Huddleston, piano & organ
Selections from the program:
- Sinfonia for Trumpet and Organ by Johan Daniel Berlin, arr. Michel Rondeau
- Elegey for Trumpet and Organ by Øistein Sommerfeldt
- Three songs from Kåfjord in Troms, Norway by Liv Mæsel Rundberg
- Liber Sequentiarum by Wolfgang Plagge
- and additional works by Dieterich Buxtehude, Arthur Knutsen, Olai Skullerud, J. S. Bach, Kjell Mørk Karlsen, Selim Palmgren, Arild Plau, Sigurd Berge, Edvard Grieg, and Atathe Backer Grøndahl!
The 2023 Season of the newly rebranded and reimagined Nordic Chamber Music Series will be produced and underwritten by the Northwest Edvard Grieg Society. If you would like to support this series and ensure its future, please donate here!
Additional support is provided by individual donors and grants from the Barbro Osher Pro Suecia Foundation, the Seattle Polish Foundation, the American-Scandinavian Foundation, and ArtsWA. We are grateful for their support.